Sunday, May 9, 2010

Happy Mother's Day

Having just woke up from a nap with Isak I can say I had the perfect first Mother's Day. To say I love being a mom would be a huge understatement. Yes, I am permanently sleep deprived, but I know there will soon come a day when I will miss those midnight cuddles and 2:00am feedings. Yes, I always feel like I need a third arm, but then how would I ever have learned to make a latte or fold laundry with one hand. Yes, I feel like there are never enough hours in the day, but then how would I ever have learned to cherish the time I get with my baby boy. And without being a mother how would I ever have fully appreciated my own mom.

Thanks mom for being such a wonderful example and for all the sacrifices you've made and thank you Isak for making me a mommy this Mother's Day!



2 comments:

  1. isak, you are blessed with one of the best mommy's in the world! i love you all!

    aunt tt :) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. How sweet it all is! You might know Sweetie Girl that I too loved being a mom, and it brings great joy to watch you in the process and to see how your heart is blessed! "One handed" I remember all too well....your sweet brother Ry told the nice neighbor lady (who had no kids) how amazing his mommy was because she could nurse the baby and go to the bathroom at the same time, or even cook breakfast! And, there never are enough hours in the day, but it looks as though you are doing what matters most! I so miss the chance to be near, but pray when the time comes that Isak "really remembers" we will be closer in location. I love you and am so glad that you had the perfect mom's day! Kiss Isak and tell him he looks great driving a car! Thanks for the Skypes! XO Mom

    ReplyDelete