Today was one of those days where you wake up and are already longing for bedtime. After two nights of which Isak slept all the way through, he decided to make up for it by stirring all night long and then waking with the birds. Despite being cranky (major teething going on) he refused to take a morning nap, so we headed to Costco and of course he fell asleep only five minutes away. I decided to let him sleep for a few more minutes while waiting in the car and then wake him. He woke up as I pulled him from the car seat, but then as we were walking across the parking lot he fell asleep on my shoulder. Not quite sure what to do, I decided I could just carry him through the store and he would no doubt wake up shortly with all the noise...he slept the entire time until I was checking out! Wouldn't it be nice to sleep so soundly!? We were only home for an hour when Isak became cranky again and so I assumed he wanted his usual afternoon nap. Two hours later I was finally able to get him to sleep. He slept for an hour but then woke up even crankier than before. And of course he slept during his scheduled play date. Cory needed a ride home, but that was still an hour away and I desperately needed some distraction for Isak so I went to the school early to let Isak play in the courtyard between the two education buildings (walking around outside is one of his favorite things to do). As we walked up I saw a mother and toddler walking toward the courtyard from the other direction. The little boy, who looked about Isak's age, toddled over to Isak and gave him a hug. After introductions I quickly learned that the mother was a stay at home mom, her son was only two months older than Isak, her husband was a first year medical student, she was a runner, about my age, had just recently moved to Denver...the list of similarities goes on. Thank you Isak for the off day that allowed us to meet some friends we might not have otherwise!
What a blessing!!! Excited for you!
ReplyDeleteGod in His goodness knew just what you needed! So very pleased and can't wait to see the two boys together (oh, and the moms). Thanks for sharing - love you, Mom
ReplyDeleteWhat a great story!!
ReplyDelete