Monday, February 25, 2013

update

We are well overdue for an update!  Needless to say, much has happened since last month's post.  The boys are changing rapidly.  Ben is becoming his own little person, he is in constant motion, trying everything possible to keep up with big brother including skipping naps altogether (yikes!).  He adores his dad, loves books, puzzles, eating cookies, washing his hands (in other words playing in the sink), flirting with all the other moms, dancing, watching Curious George for as long as he can sit (5 minutes), kissing my growing belly, and climbing everything in sight.  I often feel a sigh of release when he's is tucked in bed at night, making it through another day unscathed.  


Isak is becoming more independent with each passing day.  He astounds us with his knowledge and curiosity.  I wish I had a dollar for every "why" and "how" he's asked.  I am pretty sure he has grown several inches in the past month, outgrowing nearly everything in his closet at once.  He assures us he wants to be a recycle man when he grows up and that Ben can ride with him in his truck.  He loves his brother and got quite upset when another boy Ben's age pushed Ben at the library.  Isak intervened by blocking the boy and telling him that he was not being nice (this is huge for Isak who is typically pretty shy around people he doesn't know).  He still loves to cuddle, loves pillow fights, building forts, reading books, pretending to be every kind of animal, helping me in the kitchen, and especially weekends with daddy home.
no he is not sliding, this is the pose he struck


And Cory and I, well I guess we are just hanging on by our teeth most of the time, trying our best to keep up with these boys and make the most of these cherish-able, fleeting days.  






1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the new pics! We love getting the updates and the snow looks like a whole lot of fun boys! Papa was looking back at the last couple months photos and couldn't believe how much you change. Looking forward to the day you are closer when we won't miss so much. Hugs, P&N

    ReplyDelete